The landscape design process for this coastal reserve on Great Barrier Island involved consultation and liaison between the local community, property owners and the Auckland Council. The result produced a landscape that:
- Informally defines the perimeters by the casual positioning of specimen trees.
- Provides shelter from the prevailing winds.
- Attracts birds out of the bush from the surrounding hills.
- Retains generous amounts of open space.
- Incorporates a playground, a basketball court and outdoor barbecues.